Athens Metro connects the airport with the main areas of the city, including Syntagma square and Monstiraki. From there you can change metro line and go almost anywhere in the city. The metro departs from the airport every 30 min (05′ and 35′ from 6:35 to 23:35).
You can check the timetables for departure and arrival times from all metro stations here.
Metro map attached below.
- One-way ticket for one person: 10.00 €. For 90′ after validation.
- One-way reduced ticket (students up to 25, youngsters 7-18, people older than 65+): 5.00 €. For 90′ after validation.
- Touristic ticket for 72 hours valid in all modes (bus, metro, tram, trolley) and 1 return ticket from and to the airport: 22€. You validate the ticket only once at the beginning of the 72 hours of use.
- Reduced ticket: youngsters 7-18 / over 65 / students outside Greece up to 24 / students in Greek public universities / IEK students up to 22 / members of Greek families with 4 children or more.
- Free of charge: children up to 6 / unemployed Greek citizens / disabled persons, citizens of Attica region.
Airport metro tickets can be bought at all metro stations.
Photos by: Attiko Metro